Sunday 6 November 2011

Mac Haul & Review

On a recent shopping trip I decided to invest in some new make up.
I was browsing round the make up counters and over the crowded store I seen it in the distance ....Mac. I made my way over and was virtually hypnotised by the overly helpful sales girl - do these guys work on commission ? I swear I would have bankrupted myself had I not come to my senses before reaching for my wallet !
This is the first time I have purchased any Mac make up - why was I hesitant to purchase from them before ? Im not sure - its not that I havent used expensive make up in the past - but surprisingly I found that although Mac is a little more pricey than the high street brands its not so expensive that you feel that you cant afford it. This little experiment was to see if it would be worth investing in a Mac Pro card - I am a budding make up artist and have been justifying my cosmetic splurges over the last few months by telling myself I was "testing" out the products to use in my kit ?!
Dont believe me ?!
No neither do I - turns out I love these so much I dont think I can part with them !
Anyway here is my haul:-

1 paint pot in Painterly, 3 fluid liners in Avenue, Dark Diversion & Dark Envy, 1 mineralize skin finish in Semi Precious Rose Quartz, 1 cream colour base in Hush, 2 Lipsticks in Secret Lover and Creme D'Nude and 1 packet of cleansing wipes.

Painterly Paint Pot -  a gorgeous nude beige
The thing that impressed me most about the paint pot is it is really highly pigmented. Painterly goes on like a cream highshadow but doesnt crease and end up half way down your face like other cream shadows Ive tried. I used Painterly as a base to create different looks and it helped my make up stay put - I didnt have to retouch my make up once all day !! It is also great just to use all over the eye area then you could just line your eyes with your fluidline or any other liner. I will definately be purchasing these in different colours.

Fluid lines in Dark Envy decribed as a blackened green , Dark Diverson described as a darkened plum and Avenue which is decribed as charcoal black with gold pearl although I think it looks more brown with gold pearl.

Easy to apply and longwearing and smudge proof - I use a Sigma E65 brush to apply a line along my top lashes - really like the pigments in the fluidlines and they are really easy to apply , you can also use them to tightline and along your own fluidline different looks.

Cream Colour Base In Hush and Mineralize skin finish in Semi Precious Rose Quartz



The cream colour base is fragrance free and you can use it on bare skin or over foundation, moisturizer or powder and it can be applied with your fingers, sponge or brush and you can change the effect you get with the way you apply it. I am not as impressed with the cream colour base as I am with the mineralize skin finish - I am glad that I managed to get this as it was a limited edition. You can use it to highlight or all over for a nice sheen.

Secret Lover Nude Beige & Creme d' Nude Pale muted peach beige

I tried to swatch these but they are really pale so didnt really come up - the thing I like most about these lipsticks are the lovely vanilla smell they seem to have  - I think they would suit any skin tone, these are so creamy and smooth when you apply them and they arent sticky which is a pet hate I have with lipsticks and lipglosses. This seemed to last a while but I love lippy which smells good so I feel like I always end up applying it more than I need to !

The final part of my haul was the mac wipes - love these !
These remove make up really easily and you can also use them to correct any make up mistakes. They have a nice fresh smell and it says on the website they are infused with vitamin E which will hydrate and nourish.

I am really impressed with all my purchases - except maybe the cream colour base. I might need to keep persisting with this one to get the kind of look Im aiming for. My haul has got me addicted - I think every girl should have a few Mac staples in her make up kit.

Whats you favourites ?
Let me know x x x

With Love
Lipstick Fridays










1 comment:

  1. I can't believe this was your first Mac purchase. You are going to be addicted now! You got some great products. I simply could not live without Mac Painterly Pot. Fluid lines are amazing and stay on all day long! The lipsticks are smooth and creamy! love love love! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete