Tuesday 20 December 2011

Superdrug Splurge

I had a little splurge in Superdrug a few weekends ago. I call it a splurge but it didnt exactly cost alot.
Im always getting sucked in by expensive cosmetic purchases but these little beauties prove you dont have to spend alot to get good results.

Here are my purchases


I bought the Saturdays Magnetism Nail Polish in Notorious Silver, Vaseline Creme Brulee Lip Balm, Maybelline Forever Strong nail polish in Rosy Sand, 2true nail polish in Shade 9, 2true eyeshadow in Shade 10 and 2true eyeshadow dazzler in Shade 3.

I have to say Im quite impressed with all my purchases except the Vaseline Creme Brulee ! I dont think it smells or tastes like Creme Brulee so I think I'll stick with my Cocoa Butter Vaseline for lips for the moment.

I was really surprised by the Saturdays Magnetism nail polish - It cost £3 for the magnet and £6 for the polish - it went on smoothly, great sized brush and had a really nice effect. I will definately be heading back to purchase some more of these polishes in other colours. It didnt last long before chipping but then I chop and change nail polishes all the time but it would be great for a night out.


Another surprise was my 2true purchases.  I tried the eyeshadow tester in the store and thought it was really creamy and quite pigmented for the price - I didnt think I could go wrong when it was three products for £4.99. The polish went on really nicely and to be honest I thought it felt a little more expensive than it was. This lasted me two days before chipping and I thought it was a really nice neutral colour.



I also tried out the eyeshadows I bought - I thought the lilac colours would be excellent on green eyes.
I used Urban Decay primer in Sin all over the eyelid area, then I applied a shadow from the Urban Decay Naked Palette in Virgin all over the eyelid and brow bone.
I applied the lighter lilac shade up to the crease and used a brush to tap the eyeshadow dazzler all over this. I used the darker shade in the crease of my eye and also lined underneath my lower lashes with this, I then  followed up with a coat of Mac Zoom Mascara.



Finally here is the Maybelline Polish in Rosy Sand it cost £4.09. It gave a nice finish and again lasted a couple of days before chipping. I will definately be looking at other colours in the Nudes range.



I think Superdrug might be my new favourite shop.

With Love
Lipstick Fridays
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment